A School Full of Soul
“The commanding objective must be the achievement of a larger life for the ordinary man and woman.”
At Rose Bridge Academy we believe that our school is filled with soul and spirit. We have a clear vision about the purpose and goals of education at our school and strive for every pupil to Respect Believe Achieve. The promotion of SMSC is part of the very lifeblood of our school as we prepare pupils to become well equipped young adults in modern Britain.
We hold strong values, have high expectations and a high social and moral code at Rose Bridge Academy. SMSC can be found where pupils:
- are reflective about beliefs, values and more profound aspects of human experience, enabling them to develop curiosity in their learning, and as thoughtful, responsible individuals
- develop and apply an understanding of right and wrong in their school life and life outside school
- take part in a range of activities requiring social skills, including volunteering
- develop awareness of and respect for diversity in relation to, for example, gender, race, religion and belief, culture, sexual orientation and disability
- gain a well-informed understanding of the options and challenges facing them as they move through the school and on to the next stage of their education and training
- develop an appreciation of theatre, music, art and literature
- develop the skills and attitudes to enable them to participate fully and positively in democratic modern Britain
- respond positively to a range of artistic, sporting and other cultural opportunities
- understand and appreciate the range of different cultures within school and further afield as an essential element of their preparation for life.
We aim for all pupils to become confident individuals, who appreciate themselves, others and those in their wider community. SMSC is not only evident through the teaching and the well-rounded curriculum on offer at Rose Bridge Academy but beyond the classroom, visible through the pupil’s attitudes.